KNYSNA NEWS – The Verge exhibition currently running at the Old Gaol museum and gallery in Knysna (until 30 November), which focuses on endangered species, forms part of a broader conservational thrust that includes talks, workshops and guided tours in nature, and below we list the events that are still coming up.
All bookings can be done at the gallery, with Janet Botes on 072 331 5057 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Daily guided tours of the Brenton Blue Butterfly Reserve, Brenton-on-Sea: R100 pp
• Kids clay workshop with Ingrid Nuss on 20 and 27 November, 14:00-17:00, at Knysna Art Gallery. Ideal for teenagers. R290 pp – bookings essential.
• BioWise discussion and workshop with Sue Swain on 21 November, 10:00-noon, at Knysna Art Gallery, Old Gaol museum complex on the corner of Main Road and Queen Street: R50 pp
• Beach-breeding shorebirds with Dr Mark Brown of the Nature’s Valley Trust on 21 November, 14:00, at Knysna Art Gallery: Free admission, but donations to trust welcome.
• Create your own field notebook with Janet Botes on 22 November, 09:00-noon, at Knysna Art Gallery. R250 pp – bookings essential.
• The ecological services of trophic cascades in the Knysna Forest, by Mark Dixon, on 22 November, 14:00-15:00, at Knysna Art Gallery. R25 pp
• Curator walkabout on 23 November, 13:00-14:00 and on 30 November, 16:00-17:00, at Knysna Art Gallery: Free entrance
• Leopards and Shepherding Back Biodiversity, by Bool Smuts on 23 November, 11:00 at Knysna Art Gallery. Free admission, but donations to the Landmark Foundation welcome.
• Guided walk in Pledge Nature Reserve with Nanna Joubert on 24 November, 08:30. R50 pp
• Brenton Blue butterfly presentation by Dr Dave Edge on 30 November, 14:00-15:00. Free admission, but donations to Nature’s Valley Trust welcome.
• SA’s endangered syngnathids – our iconic sea monsters, by Dr Louw Claassens on 30 November, 15:00-16:00, at Knysna Art Gallery. Free admission. (Donations to Knysna Basin Project welcome.)
• Verge exhibition closing event on 30 November at 16:00-21:00, at Knysna Art Gallery. Free, but book your place!
The programme and more information about each event can be found at artforspecies.org/workshops-talks.
‘We bring you the latest Knysna, Garden Route news